The Division of Arts & Museums seeks a part-time staff member to assist with Visitor Services at the Chase Home Museum of Utah Folk Arts. The incumbent is expected to work 15-20 hours a week, weekends, and some evenings. Weekly schedule will be determined upon hire. Pay rate for this position is $18 per hour. The anticipated start date is August 16.
- Welcoming visitors to the museum and facilitating visitor engagement and evaluation
- Opening and closing the museum, which may include other facilities administration
- Assisting with exhibition installation (as needed)
- Assisting with social media campaigns (as needed)
- Promoting the museum’s mission and vision
- Assisting with tours, workshops, and other public events
- Other responsibilities based on the candidate’s interests will be discussed upon hire
- Interest in working at a community-based museum
- Experience and comfort working with the general public
- Investment in promoting diverse cultural heritage
- Project collaboration experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, time management and organization, and the ability to provide excellent written and verbal communication are required
- Self-directed and work well independently
- Customer service and creating a welcoming environment for visitors is a priority
About the Museum:
The Chase Home Museum of Utah Folk Arts brings together Utah’s diverse cultures and communities to share, support, and celebrate their traditions.The museum is located in the center of Liberty Park in Salt Lake City and is an active space that features Folk & Traditional art by Utah artists. Consider visiting our website and social media to understand our work.
How to Apply:
Please send a copy of your resume to Rachel Haberman email@example.com. In the body of your email, please explain why you are interested in working at the museum and why you believe you are a strong candidate. Applications for this position are due Friday, August 6th.