All Classes Online
March 1 - March 14
The University of Utah will once again schedule a two-week, online-only break halfway through the Spring 2021 Semester to interrupt and slow COVID-19 infections on campus.
The updated schedule posted on the university Registrar’s website details the shift to all-online education during the first two weeks of March. Spring semester classes will begin one week later than normal, on Tuesday, Jan. 19, after the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday. The online instruction break will last from March 1-14, when students, faculty and staff will return to campus. Spring break, originally slated for March 8-15, will be eliminated, to reduce the risk of infection spread due to travel and to allow the semester to end on time. Two additional non-instruction days—Friday, March 5 and Monday, April 5—have been added to the calendar.
Other important dates members of the university community should keep in mind include:
- Two additional non-instruction days—March 5 and April 5
- Registration begins on Nov. 5
- Open enrollment begins Nov. 30
- The deadline to apply for graduation is Jan. 29
- Commencement and convocation exercises are scheduled for May 6 and May 7
Read more @theU